Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Chicken & wild Rice Casserole

I found this in a Paula Deen cookbook. I'm all about casseroles because of how easy they are to just mix together and you have a yummy dinner! I did adjust the real recipe just a tad and I marked those changes in parenthesis.

Serves 8

1 - 6ox pkg long-grain and wild rice, cooked according to directions
4 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
2 - 10 3/4 oc cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonaise (that was too much so I reduced it to 1/2 cups instead)
2 tsp curry powder, or to taste (I'm not a fan of curry so I looked up a substitue online and found this: 1tsp onion powder + 1 tsp garlic powder, it was great)
1 - 8oz pkg Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Dressing mix
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter

Put the rice in a greased 2-qt casserole. Layer the chicken on top of the rice. Mix the soup, mayonaise, and curry powder, and pour this over the chicken. Sprinkle the dressing mix over the casserole and dot with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly.

(From: The Lady & Sons, Too! by Paula Deen)

No comments: